People often want Bob to address the question of “What to do when stopped by police for reckless driving.” The answer is simple but the explanation is somewhat complicated. The simple answer is give the officer your license and registration and then tell the Officer, I want a Lawyer. If I am not under arrest please let me go. When the Officer asks you to sign the ticket do so. Signing the ticket is not an admission of guilt. It is a promise that you will appear for trial. If you refuse to sign the ticket the officer will have no choice but to arrest you and hold you for trial.
If the Officer asks to search your car please tell him or her you do not consent to searches. The only thing a search can do for you is bring additional charges. Even if you have not possessed contraband in your car someone else may have done so. You end up getting charged. Play it safe; just say you do not consent to searches.
Once you receive a Virginia Reckless Driving Ticket, you want to hire a good lawyer to help you. That leads to the question of how do I pick a good lawyer. Because Virginia Reckless Driving charges are criminal charges a lot of lawyers send out letters to persons charged.
- You want to hire a lawyer who has received good reviews from former clients.
- You want to hire a lawyer who has been in practice for more than a few years.
- You want to hire a lawyer who actually knows the prosecutor, the police officer and the judge.
- You want to hire a lawyer who has been highly ranked on AVVO.
- You want to hire a lawyer who writes about reckless driving.
- You want to hire a lawyer who will do your case himself not farm it out to a lawyer you do not even know.
- You want a lawyer who provides a FREE APP instructing you what to do when confronted by police.
Bob has been a lawyer in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia for more than 30 years. Bob takes cases in Harrisonburg, Rockingham County, Luray, Page County, Woodstock, Shenandoah County, Staunton, Waynesboro, and Augusta County. Bob does not go to Courts where he does not usually know the Judge, the Prosecutor and the police officers. If Bob takes your case Bob will handle your case. Bob will not pass off your case to an associate or another lawyer. Once your case is completed, Bob’s office will email you the results and set out what you need to do to close out the matter. Bob also gives FREE CASE CONSULTATIONS by phone. Such a free call can be set up at 540.433.6906 or at info@BobKeefer.com